Tuesday, January 16, 2007

pigeon john


ok so I secretely really love hip hop.
unfortunately, the "hip hop" i "love" is rarely recorded and distributed.

Ok so i don't really listen to much hip hop because I get turned off by the flashy stuff and lack of musicality.

Then a week and a half ago, i saw an article in relevant magazine. I didn't actually read the article, i just looked at the title and skimmed a few paragraphs. It was about Pigeon John.




sorry about the small picture. Title: "Pigeon John and the summertime beach party"

All I'm gonna say is that he is funny, very clever, AND incorporates musical elements that are not usually associated with hip hop, at least in my limited experience. Also Relevant gave pigeon's "spiritual content" (along with the other two categories) an "up" arrow...so it MUST be good.

and his website is AWESOME.


check it out...



p.s. it snowed in Mexico while it was almost 50 degrees in northern Minnesota.
subject to ridicule, in my opinion....
later
-dave




2 comments:

Jeffffffffffffffff said...

hip hop eh? Don and Lori feel neglected

Matt W said...

I am still subjecting this post to ridicule, even though it's been weeks!