Friday, June 15, 2007

trendy

I'm posting! It's only because Jeff's posting and his blog was really encouraging to me.

http://tackyjacket.blogspot.com/2007/06/so-we-saw-this-guy.html

Trends are neat. I think I started a blog because it was trendy(I'm so vain and I probably thought this blog was about me) <-----------name that song!!!. I've read books written by Christians because I thought they'd make me look cooler or satisfy me in some twisted way.

I've thought about this too, but couldn't articulate it nearly as well as my blonde haired groom-to-be did. During this season (I heard Rob Bell call it that and it sounded good) of my life, God keeps repeating the lesson that my need is to come to Him and to be with Him. As my vision can be blurry to the ways He is working, He is teaching me that through Him, I can begin to embrace the good things around me including the trendy (or not) and praise Him for them. In times of difficulty, this seems like it is incredibly crucial. Reminders of His goodness have been really important to me. David Crowder's book "Praise Habit," which I read over winter break, was all about this, though I guess it wasn't time for me to really start looking at it and living it...I can't really remember.

Anyway, the last couple months, I've found that going into the world to look at just some of His good works, recognizing them as His, and then praising Him for it, has opened up a whole new view of how present God is in our lives and how wise He is.

So putting my money where my mouth is, if I had to mention a few of the good things about today, they would be the amazing job that God provided on short notice for this summer (my job title is "stripper" and it has nothing to do with paint...any guesses?), the beautiful weather during June in Minnesota, the fact that I'm engaged to the most incredible woman in the world and the fact that my amazing, beautiful older sister Maggie's birthday is today.




Woo hoo! It's minnesota's beautiful weather (it's like 70 here)!

look at the sun....shine


and Scott's dog











-dave

4 comments:

T.J. said...

Let the sun shine....
Let the sun shine....
Let the sun shine....

dlaz said...

TJ I miss you!

Jeffffffffffffffff said...

I miss my Mom

Gretchen Magruder said...

is this why you don't blog more? you pour your heart out, and it's met with "your mom" comments??

sigh....

we miss you around here!!