Saturday, July 14, 2007

posting eh?

So I decided to blog because someone told me I wasn't. Is that a good reason?

So since I'm typing without a purpose, I'll keep it purposefully short.

It's summer and I've been at Nett Lake for almost two months. I am not sure I could adequately describe everything that has gone on since I've been here. At the core of all of it though, is that my sister Maggie is very sick and has been since December. Her cancer has not responded to any of the treatments thus far and it continues to grow. It has been a confusing and difficult to carry on with life while my sister remains so ill. There are so many emotions that come with this that I just don't know how to describe them. And I can't imagine what she's feeling. I'm so proud of my family for how they've come together to do everything they can during this time. Please pray for Maggie and our family.

I'm getting married in December and I'm getting so excited. My fiance, Lindsey, is an amazing blessing. God has really shown His goodness through this relationship with the way He has healed so many wounds and unified us in so many ways I never though possible. It is a miracle that I do not understand. I get to see her for the first time in two months on July 24th.

It has been so awesome this summer to spend time with my little brother. Hanging out with him all summer has been a monumental blessing. The reservation is admittedly boring so we have to be slightly creative. And, since we're either not creative or indifferent to the activity itself (I admit to the former), we end up playing baseball outside or video games inside :). He's an amazing guy and can absolutely school me in baseball.

I miss my friends, but I am painfully slowly gaining confidence that God really is here(wherever I am) and I can lean on Him.

I'm reading C.S. Lewis' Four Loves right now. If anyone is finding themselves having real difficulty understanding "love" and how we've treated it, or if anyone is just looking for a good read, I would recommend this. I'm only half way through it.

Well, I don't know if this was actually short. My fiance would confirm that I am indeed never short of words, and it's becoming clear that they sometimes get in the way. I hope that isn't the case here.

I miss you all! Have an awesome day!!!!

-dave

2 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

sometimes I don't even know the extent of my guilting powers!!

We've been praying for you and your family this summer....we miss you alot, but praise God that you get to experience this time with them on the rez.

shana said...

David!! I'm praying for you buck-a-roo.

I don't know why I just typed that...the buck-a-roo part...but it's so ridiculous that I can't delete it.

:)